Once you have worked with a customer to resolve their problem after getting a negative feedback, you should consider whether it would be prudent to ask the customer to remove it.
Removing a negative feedback will, of course, have a good impact on your metrics so the sooner you can do it the better. There are no hard and fast rules here but please find below a few things to consider:
- How harsh does the feedback reads? Beyond the metric hit, if a feedback is particularly scathing this could put customers off shopping with you.
- Was the customer's issue resolved fully?
- How long did it take to resolve the issue?
- How happy does the customer appear to be with your resolution? Are they really happy or lukewarm?
Once you select the 'I'm going to try to resolve the matter with the customer' option, you will see that the previous red 'Deal with this Now' button is replaced and you'll be able to click to select 'Ask Buyer To Remove Feedback':
Once you select this option, an auto-generated message will pop up, that you'll be able send directly through FeedbackExpress to your buyer, requesting to remove the negative or neutral feedback:
Please note: you need to be 100% sure that things have been sorted out with the buyer before sending such email, otherwise they might be reluctant to remove it.
After sending this email, different scenarios can happen:
- The buyer agreed to remove the feedback:
Great news! Then you can simply select the option 'Resolved - Removed by Buyer'
- Option 1: The buyer never got back in touch (recommended):
Unlucky! What we would advise to do is leave a short polite seller response on the feedback to show other potential buyers that you tried your best to fix things. To show this, you can select the option 'Closed - Left a Seller Response'.
- Option 2: The buyer never got back in touch:
Unlucky! If you just want to leave it, you can select the option 'Closed - Feedback Ignored'.
Please note: if you wanted to see all details about your seller feedbacks (Order ID, Buyer Name, Product ordered etc..), you will need to complete the Advanced Positive Feedback Integration.